Here are some job application tips to keep in mind when following up on a job application:
👉 If you don’t get a confirmation that your application was received within one week, consider following-up. Again, this will vary depending on what the application instructions indicate. Sometimes applicants are specifically requested not to follow-up. Other times, they may list an email address for you to check on your status. But one week is normally an appropriate time to follow-up.
👉 Send a follow-up letter if there is an email or mailing address.
👉 If phoning to follow-up, here are some appropriate fact-finding questions to ask. But remember, don’t demand to know what is happening; be professional.
- What are the next steps in the recruiting process?
- Do you know the approximate timeframe for the process?
- Will all candidates be contacted?
- Do you need any additional information about my candidacy? (Or briefly share new information that adds to your application.)
- If you plan to visit the company’s location, mention the timeframe and your eagerness to meet – ask if it’s possible to arrange an interview during your visit.
We hope this is helpful to you!
CV Writing Services | Post Jobs | Submit CV | Download our Android App